Eataly

Sunday, June 19, 2011
It may have been awhile since I was in Florence, but I can still taste the food. I certainly won't be winning any awards for being the most adventurous food lover, so if that's what you're looking for, you're in the wrong place. I just love food. I actually create food memories and remember how eating a particular dish or meal made me feel. I remember the moment.

So, Florence. My second go around in the city, this time with a fairly specific goal: Eat as much delicious food as you can. I think I accomplished that.

There are 3 levels of restaurants in Italy: Ristorantes (more formal dining), Osterias (casual dining) and Trattorias (mid-level dining - a cross between the others). To get a better idea, Osterias and Trattorias don't have "haute cuisine" but rather focus on maintaining clientele and home-cooked style food.

Stay tuned for a series of posts about my Italian culinary adventures!

No comments: