Shorts: Day & Night

Monday, June 11, 2012
Shorts are one of those things that I absolutely love but hardly ever wear. Working in an office, shorts need to be on the more conservative side (read: not slutty). But since I'm not particularly down with Eddie Bauer mom-shorts or ones at that really awkward, super unflattering length, they're not usually an option for me (except maybe in Fall/Winter when I can wear them with tights).

Why aren't they usually an option for me? Well, in case you haven't noticed, I have a bit of junk in my trunk. But not only that, I have big legs too. So that means that shorts that may fit other people and look great, will likely be too short and tight for me, making me look like I should be making the rounds on Richards, between Seymour & Helmcken. So needless to say, shorts for work, not an option for me. But that doesn't mean I don't love them. I'm always on the lookout for the perfect pair that aren't these:


Ok, but seriously. One of my favourite things about shorts is that you can dress them up for a night out, and dress them down for the day. They're especially good for those nights out when you know it's not going to be a classy time and you don't want to wear a skirt for fear of flashing the bar.

So here are some of my picks for this season, be it for day or night. The patterns this season are great too. So much fun, so many options.

alice + olivia Butterfly Shorts - $198
David Lerner Leather Contrast Panel Shorts - $325
findersKEEPERS Cupid Boy Shorts - $109
ASOS Paisley Short with Zip - $43.91
ASOS Jersey Culottes in Pink Leopard - $26.35
Milly Sofie Cuffed Walking Shorts - $190
Rebecca Minkoff Mika Printed Shorts - $198

No comments: