The 4 Month Check-in

Monday, April 16, 2012
April 16th. Can you believe it? Wasn't it just yesterday that we were all being New Year's Resolutionists?

Since I finally made some sort of (extremely vague) New Year's resolution (ugh, thanks Niki), I decided that it was important that I hold myself accountable for it (unlike most of you out there - you know who you are).

Resolution: Try something new every month.

January: While not entirely my choice, I got to ride in an ambulance for the first time and get a CT scan. It was however, not my first time in the Emergency Room; that happened in 7th grade when I dislocated my hip.

February: While I'm not particularly fond of dating in Vancouver, I decided to go out with a complete stranger (a couple times, in fact) while in New York. Since dating in Vancouver is really the 2 degrees of separation. (I also had a really embarrassing(ly drunk) fan girl moment with Jeremy Lin.)

March: I applied for an assignment at work that I didn't really have a chance of getting. And while I didn't get the job, I was in the top 3 candidates. So that's promising.

April: Signed up for the Bar Method's 90 day challenge. It's my first ever fitness challenge, and frankly I'm terrified of it. Well, maybe not terrified. But the Bar Method is HARD...and my abs will be too by the end of it all.

So far, so good, I'd say. Definitely room for improvement. I'm willing to bet that the summer will present with better options.

How are you all holding up with your New Year's resolutions?

1 comment:

Holly said...

Very cool! What are you going to do next month?