A Letter

Monday, July 30, 2012
I've been a bad, bad blogger. For the past couple months posting has been irregular and, well, just lacking. And for that, I'm sorry.

Around the time that I wrote this piece for the Huffington Post, I felt that I needed to step away from posting regularly, do some soul searching, get healthy, and re-focus myself. Fast-forward 2 months and things are not much clearer for me.

I do know that since I dubbed 2012 to be the "year of no sleep" due to the sheer number of projects I wanted to be involved in, I have done almost the opposite of that. I have been seeing an Acupuncturist since the end of May, who told me that I was qi deficient - which most people have a difficult time believing since I was constantly on the go. But, in retrospect, it's true. Yes, I was always on the go, but I'm just so used to my life being like that, that it seemed natural. So, I knew I needed to make an effort to rest and relax more, make more time for myself, and enjoy my life. Gone are the late blogging nights. It was a struggle to get past the guilt of not having new posts, but I knew that the hiatus would be a temporary thing and force myself to have better time-management. As a result, I feel so much better. My energy feels pure and natural. I feel lighter.

In April, I changed jobs. Rather, I went back to my previous job. It's not exactly a job I enjoy, so I have been busying myself with having back-up plans A through S, one of which involved me trying to teach myself French to become bilingual (the job didn't pan out, so I was able to leave that endeavour by the wayside for the time being). At one point I was doing 2 jobs, plus volunteering to do many other tasks outside my job description (resume building!), which sometimes often involved me choosing to read relevant research, case studies, and articles on my own time (this is, however, still happening, because I'm super cool like that).

My involvement with TEDxSFU has increased significantly as we get closer to our event (September 22!). Which reminds me, have you applied to attend yet? I love TED so much, so being a part of the TEDxSFU team has been such a great experience that I wish I could do it full-time. TED, are you listening?

I've also been toying with the idea of going back to school. I know it's something that I'll definitely do, it's just a matter of the right time. But, with something as big as school, is there ever really a right time?

Over the past couple months, there have been moments of joy, moments of sadness, delicious food eaten, no fabulous new shoes bought (I know, I know), moments prompting me to write this, lots of sleep, and trip planning. While I wouldn't change a thing (OK, that might be a lie), I know things still aren't super clear cut for me. But, I'm still here, and I have some cool posts (and a bunch for the Huffington Post), so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Liv said...

Totally get it on taking a breather from blogging. We all need that from time to time. We have to remember why we do this and for whom do we write.

Great that you're taking out some time for yourself. When our minds and worlds move too fast, we miss out on the little signs and voices that tell us what we truly should be doing and seeking.