L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara Collection

Monday, March 4, 2013

Last week I wrote about the feature that L'Oreal Paris is having in retailers across Canada.

The Dress Your Lashes promo features 4 of the top selling mascara's from the Voluminous Collection. I was fortunate to receive the full Dress Your Lashes collection to try out (just in the nick of time because I was running out of mascara!).

Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara
First up was the fiber mascara. For those of you who don't know, fiber mascara have filaments (such as silk, nylon, and rayon) added to the mascara formula, so that rather than sit on top of lashes, the formula coats the lashes, almost in tubes. This provides not only a lengthening effect, but also a volumizing one.

This one fell a bit short for me. The product didn't clump or smudge, but it didn't provide the false lash effect I was hoping it would. I've experienced this problem before with fiber mascaras, so it could just be me.

Voluminous Power 24H Mascara
I was actually already using this mascara. I kind of got hooked on it after Eddie Matler did my makeup in the Fall. However, comparatively, this one is probably my least favourite of the bunch. While I'm able to get nice long lashes, I generally have a lot of problems with massive clumping when using volumizing mascaras. But, it could just be me, because when Eddie used it on me, it didn't seem to be that clumpy. But then again, he's also a professional.

Pro tip: When using volumizing mascaras, apply a lot to the base of your lash, because if you apply a lot to the ends, the mascara will weigh down your lashes, getting rid of any curl.

Voluminous Original Mascara
This is the basic Voluminous mascara. It's easy to apply, but it didn't make me all tingly (at 6:30am) when I had to apply it. It was kind of just....there. Sure, it lengthened my lashes, but...meh.








Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara
My hands-down favourite. This mascara uses one of those rubber brushes I love. Application was a breeze, there were no clumps, and I felt that my lashes were super long. I really felt as though I had a million lashes. Yep.








The past few months have been my first real foray into L'Oreal Paris, and I must say that I'm impressed. I have a tendency to use a lot of waterproof mascaras (or the Anastasia Lash Genius) because I was always experiencing smudging, but last week, I experienced no smudging, even with the massive snowfall we got in Ottawa.


Images via L'Oreal Paris






1 comment:

MizzJ said...

That's a good tip about how to apply voluminizing mascara! I've been having issues with mine, but maybe that's b/c I tend to concentrate on the tips. I will try this advice out ;)