(212) Showcase

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A couple weeks ago, I attended (212)'s Winter showcase. The event was held at Montauk Sofa's new Gastown location. It is an amazing space with vaulted ceilings, exposed brick, wood beams, and glass. So beautiful. We were treated to canapés from Cobre and cocktails from GLIA.

Party, programs, cocktails, designers, & bloggers
The winter collection at (212) is...ok. There were some outfits in the show that I thought really worked, and some that worked but I probably wouldn't have felt comfortable putting together. That said, while the clothes are nice, they're just so, generic. The palette was muted, with greys, blacks, plums, and blues.

Vancouver is grey and dreary in the winter and I don't always want my clothes to reflect that too. I can't control the weather, but I can control my clothes and let them have the life that the weather lacks.

























I really appreciated the layering and the turtlenecks. These are definitely looks that I would see in places other than Vancouver, so I definitely have to give credit where credit is due.

Thanks to DITC for hosting such a great event & for providing the photos.


Collage photos are property of Haus of Hybrid.

1 comment:

lauren said...

I'm a fellow Vancouver fashion blogger and I love (212) ! I wish I could have gone to the showcase! Are you going to be out for Gastown's Shop Hop next Thursday? I should be really fun I think. I look forward to your posts.

acupofhautestyle.blogspot.com

-xoxo-
lauren