For those of you who missed out, we had a lively discussion about monetization, the state of blogging in Canada, PR pitches, and many other things.
A few tips from the evening's conversation:
1) PR firms: Know the blogger & their content before pitching. Also, personalize pitches.
2) Some brands, big and small, don't see the value of getting blog exposure.
3) Don't get discouraged by not having a high number of comments.
4) Blog for yourself, not for attention.
5) Have a consistent brand across social platforms.
6) Post as often and consistently as you can.
7) Take the opportunity to meet other bloggers in real life - even if you seem like a stalker.
|Likely telling about the time I was pitched a story about sex toys.|
If you have any other questions for me to (attempt) to tackle, ask me on Formspring or shoot me an email.