NYFW: ADAM S/S '12

Tuesday, September 13, 2011
I was super excited to attend my first Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week show - ADAM.


I enjoyed the ADAM show. The clothes are wearable and not overly fussy. The general styling of the show was pleasing, from the clothing, to the hair and make up. But while the clothes were pretty, they seemed a bit…underwhelming. There really was nothing special about what I saw.

Major themes:

Aside from the neutrals, there were pops of pastels: pinks and purples.
Skirts were still flirting with the knees, as were the capris/shorts.
Prints were still huge: realistic looking florals, polka dots, and seagulls.
Sheer paneling.
Pajamas as daywear.

I love the idea of pajama-esque daywear. The shorts/capris/pants with the undone shirt is a look I love. However, since we get so much rain in Vancouver, I don’t see this as a realistic option.

The excessive use of pink was surprising. I love the cotton candy pink dress, but one look they had (but didn’t post) was cotton candy pink pants with a pink a patterned shirt. It was just a bit much for me.

The floral on floral on floral and dots on dots on dots (thanks Kanye) are a bit much for me, but I think that on the right person, they would totally work.

Overall, a nice collection, yes. But nothing that I need to pre-order or run out to buy.












Photo credit: MBNYFW

No comments: