NYFW Day 2: Sequin Me Out

Thursday, September 15, 2011
This is probably my favourite outfit from NYFW (or MBFW, whatever you want to call it). It’s a little Fashiontoast, a little The Haute Pursuit, and a lot of fun.

Shorts: H&M Tank: Club Monaco Sequin Jacket: Vintage Boots: Sam Edelman 'Zoyla' Purse: borrowed from Niki

It was a bit intimidating to go without a bra allllllllll day - especially in a shirt that was so loose and had a lot of movement. If I hadn’t been wearing the jacket, I definitely would have worn a bandeau or bralette. Had I been at home in Vancouver, I don’t think I would have gone without. But it was fashion week! Reckless abandon!

There was a shuttle from the Lincoln Centre to some offsite shows, Y-3 being one of them. The only problem was, despite asking numerous people about where to get it, I couldn’t find it! I ended up splitting a cab with 2 other girls – a photographer, Anna, and a fellow blogger, Prutha, of Don't Shoe Me. We ended up missing the start of the show by maybe 5 seconds, and they wouldn’t let us in! So, after cabbing all the way to SoHo, Anna snapped some pics of Prutha and I with her iPhone.




First photo taken by A Haute Mess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAT JACKET!! So jealous. -MB

monica said...

that jacket is AMAZING

Anonymous said...

That's a terrible outfit. Sorry.

Melissa said...

I love the jacket. You look hot in those pics Erin. Amaazing